BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

ross1122
We have a number of investment apartments similar to Seaforth....and Seaforth Body Corp would be at least 40% HIGHER.

I think each building should be broken down to form their own body corp because the current charges are OUTRAGEOUS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

Steve

Each building used to have their own body corporate in Oaks Seaforth; they all joined together 3 years ago just as I bought mine, When I first looked at the unit the fee was not too bad, then by the time I took ownership they had joined together and the fees had jumped $2000 year.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

Steve

But yes, couldn’t agree more. I’m sure we all would be keen to have lower fees.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

ross1122
In reply to this post by Steve
Exactly....something is not right....I think it needs to be independently investigate......


On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 2:39 AM, Steve [via Seaforth Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Each building used to have their own body corporate in Oaks Seaforth; they all joined together 3 years ago just as I bought mine, When I first looked at the unit the fee was not too bad, then by the time I took ownership they had joined together and the fees had jumped $2000 year.


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://seaforth-forum.1824.n7.nabble.com/BODY-CORP-IS-WAY-TOO-HIGH-tp65p66.html
To unsubscribe from BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH, click here.
NAML



--

Ross Coffey 
Brand Management Group 
| www.globalBMG.com 
111 North Bridge Road, #20-2, Singapore, 179098,
T: +65 3158 4677 F: |+34 933961811
[hidden email] 

Ph +61 412 024 071  [hidden email] 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

Phil431
I couldn't agree more Ross. Bearing your comments in mind, why does the recommendation of the sub-committee to appoint a new and considerably cheaper BC management company get overruled by the main committee? Perhaps the owners should voice their concerns at the AGM March 28
sue
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

sue
In reply to this post by ross1122
We owned a unit before the Body Corporates were merged.
We were promised that once merged the Body Corporate fees would be reduced but as everyone has advised they have instead increased and continued to increase.
We own another unit elsewhere which is larger rand a 3 bed /our unit Seaforth is 2  bed. The body corporate there are less by at least a third.

But what can we do?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

Steve

As owners are we allowed request a review and possibly change to another body corporate? Like previously suggested by Ross, can this be brought up in the AGM?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

AshMcNicol
In reply to this post by Phil431
I have a townhouse in Alex as well and we found a conflict of interest was a major reason for the constant overruling. Once we changed management there the total fees dropped considerably and we have noticed an increase in satisfaction with the service provided. A review is definitely worth a look.

Even simple things like a disclosure statement are seriously high.
to get it within 24 hours $176.00
At the other place it is $66.00

A simple search and email should not attract that type of a fee.

Otherwise i love the place.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

Steve

Last week I sent an email to the Queensland Body Corporate Commission saying that I was an owner of a unit and part of a body corporate on the Sunshine Coast and that there were some concerns amongst the owners about the fees we are paying to the body corp. and I also asked what our rights as owners were. Below is a copy of the reply I got this morning.

 Hi Steve

Your email enquiry has been forwarded by QBCA to our office as we conduct the independent Operational Reviews for Body Corporate.
Yes you are fully entitled to have an independent review of the operations of the Body Corporate; this will normally involve the management and systems of the Body Corporate Management firm.
The Operational Review must be voted on by the Committee for a quote to be provided by our firm.
A basic review to where issues have been identified for review starts from $475 incl.
Please let me know if there are any further questions prior to your Committee voting

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

ross1122
Hi Steve

I vote "YES" and am happy to chip in.    Cheers   Ross




On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Steve [via Seaforth Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Last week I sent an email to the Queensland Body Corporate Commission saying that I was an owner of a unit and part of a body corporate on the Sunshine Coast and that there were some concerns amongst the owners about the fees we are paying to the body corp. and I also asked what our rights as owners were. Below is a copy of the reply I got this morning.

 Hi Steve

Your email enquiry has been forwarded by QBCA to our office as we conduct the independent Operational Reviews for Body Corporate.
Yes you are fully entitled to have an independent review of the operations of the Body Corporate; this will normally involve the management and systems of the Body Corporate Management firm.
The Operational Review must be voted on by the Committee for a quote to be provided by our firm.
A basic review to where issues have been identified for review starts from $475 incl.
Please let me know if there are any further questions prior to your Committee voting




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://seaforth-forum.1824.n7.nabble.com/BODY-CORP-IS-WAY-TOO-HIGH-tp65p85.html
To unsubscribe from BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH, click here.
NAML



--

Ross Coffey 
Brand Management Group 
| www.globalBMG.com 
111 North Bridge Road, #20-2, Singapore, 179098,
T: +65 3158 4677 F: |+34 933961811
[hidden email] 

Ph +61 412 024 071  [hidden email] 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

Steve

I think the fee's for the review would actually come from the body corp, but yes I'm with you. I would be more than happy to throw in a few dollars out of my own pocket to pay for the review.  

I was about to write back to them and discuss the next step. Will let everyone know their reply.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

Steve

Below is further communication from the consultant I have been talking with. I know it’s too late at the moment to look at a different Body Corp Management Company as this has been voted on already. But an independent review could certainly give us some peace of mind that SSKB is doing the right thing by us all and it might even possibly save us some money depending on the outcome of the review.

What is everyone’s thoughts on this, is it something that we all want to go ahead with as a group.


Below is what I have received this morning from the Consultant.

Hi Steve
The Body Corporate can have a review at any time, before an AGM is preferable but not essential.
You would normally have a Committee or Budget meeting prior to the AGM, the motion could be voted on then.
If there are serious concerns you should rally support to not extend the Body Corporate Managers contract at the AGM.
Then if you as an Owner or the Committee can seek an adjudication order to have a review conducted.  It is better if the Committee vote for a review.  I can help you with the adjudication process if this is what you prefer.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

ross1122
Hi Steve

I think we need to go ahead, as we have nothing to loose. 

Cheers   Ross




On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Steve [via Seaforth Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Below is further communication from the consultant I have been talking with. I know it’s too late at the moment to look at a different Body Corp Management Company as this has been voted on already. But an independent review could certainly give us some peace of mind that SSKB is doing the right thing by us all and it might even possibly save us some money depending on the outcome of the review.

What is everyone’s thoughts on this, is it something that we all want to go ahead with as a group.


Below is what I have received this morning from the Consultant.

Hi Steve
The Body Corporate can have a review at any time, before an AGM is preferable but not essential.
You would normally have a Committee or Budget meeting prior to the AGM, the motion could be voted on then.
If there are serious concerns you should rally support to not extend the Body Corporate Managers contract at the AGM.
Then if you as an Owner or the Committee can seek an adjudication order to have a review conducted.  It is better if the Committee vote for a review.  I can help you with the adjudication process if this is what you prefer.



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://seaforth-forum.1824.n7.nabble.com/BODY-CORP-IS-WAY-TOO-HIGH-tp65p88.html
To unsubscribe from BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH, click here.
NAML



--

Ross Coffey 
Brand Management Group 
| www.globalBMG.com 
111 North Bridge Road, #20-2, Singapore, 179098,
T: +65 3158 4677 F: |+34 933961811
[hidden email] 

Ph +61 412 024 071  [hidden email] 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

Steve

I don't know if everyone is paying the same fees or not, but in 2 years from 2011 to 2013 my unit fees have gone up $2,786. This is a 35% increase in 2 years
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

ross1122
My last body corp bill was $2,619 for 4 months, for a one bedrooms...that is about $163/week....I rent t for about $350 per week....outrageous!!!!!


On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Steve [via Seaforth Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I don't know if everyone is paying the same fees or not, but in 2 years from 2011 to 2013 my unit fees have gone up $2,786. This is a 35% increase in 2 years


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://seaforth-forum.1824.n7.nabble.com/BODY-CORP-IS-WAY-TOO-HIGH-tp65p91.html
To unsubscribe from BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH, click here.
NAML



--

Ross Coffey 
Brand Management Group 
| www.globalBMG.com 
111 North Bridge Road, #20-2, Singapore, 179098,
T: +65 3158 4677 F: |+34 933961811
[hidden email] 

Ph +61 412 024 071  [hidden email] 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

Steve

I believe the Gov’t changed the law a year or 2 ago where every unit pays the same body corp. fee regardless of the size of the unit or number of bedrooms. My fee is about $2,730 for the 4 months and mine is a 3 bedroom Penthouse.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

ross1122
I wonder what genius decided that was a god idea?


On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Steve [via Seaforth Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I believe the Gov’t changed the law a year or 2 ago where every unit pays the same body corp. fee regardless of the size of the unit or number of bedrooms. My fee is about $2,730 for the 4 months and mine is a 3 bedroom Penthouse.


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://seaforth-forum.1824.n7.nabble.com/BODY-CORP-IS-WAY-TOO-HIGH-tp65p94.html
To unsubscribe from BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH, click here.
NAML



--

Ross Coffey 
Brand Management Group 
| www.globalBMG.com 
111 North Bridge Road, #20-2, Singapore, 179098,
T: +65 3158 4677 F: |+34 933961811
[hidden email] 

Ph +61 412 024 071  [hidden email] 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

ross1122
In reply to this post by Steve
slip there........."good idea"


On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Ross Coffey <[hidden email]> wrote:
I wonder what genius decided that was a god idea?


On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Steve [via Seaforth Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I believe the Gov’t changed the law a year or 2 ago where every unit pays the same body corp. fee regardless of the size of the unit or number of bedrooms. My fee is about $2,730 for the 4 months and mine is a 3 bedroom Penthouse.


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://seaforth-forum.1824.n7.nabble.com/BODY-CORP-IS-WAY-TOO-HIGH-tp65p94.html
To unsubscribe from BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH, click here.
NAML



--

Ross Coffey 
Brand Management Group 
| www.globalBMG.com 
111 North Bridge Road, #20-2, Singapore, 179098,
T: +65 3158 4677 F: |<a href="tel:%2B34%20933961811" target="_blank" value="+34933961811">+34 933961811
[hidden email] 

Ph <a href="tel:%2B61%20412%20024%20071" target="_blank" value="+61412024071">+61 412 024 071  [hidden email] 




--

Ross Coffey 
Brand Management Group 
| www.globalBMG.com 
111 North Bridge Road, #20-2, Singapore, 179098,
T: +65 3158 4677 F: |+34 933961811
[hidden email] 

Ph +61 412 024 071  [hidden email] 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

Dennis Sheldon 440
Administrator
In reply to this post by Steve
if you go through the agenda for the AGM you will see that we all have the opportunity to vote on who will be our body corporate manager be it SSKB or CTS Management or whoever.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BODY CORP IS WAY TOO HIGH

Steve

I was under the impression that the committee had already voted on that and it was awarded to SSKB as they have been looking after the building since it first started and they are a local company.
12